And it is in this way that we as educators of young children can promote their learning.
They can develop:
- An understanding of human nature.
- An understanding of feelings.
- An awareness of the role characteristics people assume.
- An understanding of sequence.
- Language skills (vocabulary, grammar, syntax and pronunciation).
- Their attention span and their ability to listen.
- Their ability to follow instructions.
- Their ability to co-operate with others; and
- An understanding of concepts
The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
In reading week, teachers from PG/TK, presented "The Giving Tree" story, we used props such as, tree from flanel, apples from wood, leaves, crown, bag, an old man costume etc. we involve the children through actions,movement, so they feel they are a part of it and children love to move.
Olwen loved pockets
All of olwen's clothes had pockets lots of pockets
And of course she kept things in her pockets,too.